How to connect Joonbot to your Zapier account
Zapier is a great tool to help you automate your workflow. You can connect your Joonbot account to Zapier so you can start building zaps to take action automatically.
With Zapier connected to Joonbot, you can automate actions from Joonbot to many apps. In this article, we will show you how to make a zap between Joonbot and Airtable, as an example
1. Go to this page and click on "Accept Invite & Build a Zap" button.
2. click on the "Make a Zap!" button on the top right of your screen.
3. In the "Choose App & Event" subsection, choose Joonbot App and select "Zapier Block Reached". Click on the "Continue" button.
4. In the "Choose Account" subsection, sign in to your Joonbot account. If you have an error, it means that you didn't write well your password. You can try again.
5. In the "Customize Event" subsection, choose the bot you want to connect to Zapier as well as the Zapier block id(s). You can get the block id when you click on the Zapier block in your Joonbot account. You can create the same Zap for one or several Zapier blocks. If you want the zap to apply to all blocks of your bot, leave the field blank.
6. In the "Find Data" subsection, click on the "Test & continue" button. This test is about checking that Zapier is well connected with Joonbot.
7. Now you will connect the app you want to your bot. In the "choose App & Event" subsection, choose the app and choose the action event, meaning the action you want to be done when the Zapier block is reached. In this example, we want to create a new record in our bug tracker board.
8. sign in to your App account and click on the "continue" button.
9. In the "Customize 'element'" subsection, you will specify which element of your app you want to connect. In this example, we selected our "bug tracker" base and our table "Bugs and issues". We can configure many fields so that the new record will be automatically filled with data collected through the bot. Click on the "Continue" button.
10. In the "Send Data" subsection, click on the "Test & continue" button. Do you have a message with a green background saying that an 'element' was sent? If yes, you’re done! Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉!
Keep in mind that if you’re using a caching plugin in WordPress, it may take a few hours for the Joonbot widget to show up on your site. If it isn’t showing up, try clearing your cache ,and that should get it live. Let us know if we can help out!